The St. Louis Park Senior Program is highlighting these activities:
• During this 100th anniversary of World War I, a six-part series of seminars about the war will be taught by military historian Dan Hartman. Participants may register for the entire series or one chapter at a time. They will start with an understanding of the events that led up to the war at the first session, “Leadup to the Great War,” which will be 1-3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5.
• The next Grand Ole Opry Country Music Jam Session will be 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6, with accordion music at noon by Mary Jo Milesky. Guitar, drum and bass player, line dancers, singers and listeners of all ages and skill levels may attend.
• Medicare and health insurance counseling is available 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6. Call the senior program for an appointment.
• Learn how to effectively use an Android smart phone or tablet at a three-session class 9:30-11:30 a.m. Mondays, Sept. 11-25. Instructor Judy Goebel will teach attendees how to set up their devices, control the sounds they make, choose and install applications and troubleshoot issues.
• Doug Ohman will present “Libraries of Minnesota” 1-3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12. Ohman is a speaker, storyteller and photographer who will discuss a time when a small town library was the center showpiece of town.
• Anyone may attend “Birthday Party in the Park” 1:30-3 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month. The Lenox dance line, the Satin Dolls, will provide entertainment Wednesday, Sept. 13.
Events are at the Lenox Community Center, 6715 Minnetonka Blvd.