The Parktacular Festival relies on the community of St. Louis Park for volunteers, for sponsorship and to attend events. There are vacancies on the festival board and planning committee to help plan the 2018 festival.
Meetings are the second Wednesday of each month.
Board of Directors roles available:
• Vice president – works with the president, serves as a stand-in when needed
• Up to three board-member-at-large positions – vote, run a committee and attend meetings
Volunteer Committee roles available:
• Music coordinator – secure entertainment and set up the 2018 Rock the ROC and Saturday concert
• Food truck coordinator – secure food trucks for 2018, secure needed paperwork, run setup
• Senior dinner chair – run senior dinner committee, plan and execute 2018 senior dinner
• Promotion chair – run promotion committee, publicize the 2018 festival
• Fundraising chair– run sponsorship committee, secure new sponsors for the 2018 festival
To learn more about these roles, visit parktacular.org/volunteer. Individuals may also express their interest in the positions by contacting Parkacular Board President Amy Sundem at 612-470-7822 or [email protected] They may also express interest on Parktacular’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites.
The festival’s annual board meeting will be 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 23, in The Rec Center’s Gallery Room, 3700 Monterey Dr., St. Louis Park. The meeting may include board of directors elections.