The Robbinsdale-Cooper High School Class of 2017 was honored at its commencement ceremony June 9 at the Cooper High School stadium. The graduating class of 291 students received diplomas.
Bright sunlight and warm temperatures graced the evening, where Principal Frank Herman and Superintendent Carl Jenkins delivered addresses, as did several distinguished educators and students. Family and friends watched from the bleachers as graduates walked across the stage and shook hands with administrators and members of the school board.
(2) Cooper High School graduates wait in line to walk across the stage to receive their diplomas.
(3) A graduate high-fives fellow classmates after receiving her diploma.
(4) A graduate poses with her diploma as another shakes hands with school board administrators on stage at the June 9 Cooper High School graduation ceremony.
(5) A graduate pauses to speak with Superintendent Carl Jenkins on stage at the June 9 Cooper High School graduation as School Board member Helen Bassett looks on.
(6) Some students decorated their caps for the June 9 graduation ceremony.
(7) With a toss of their hats, the Cooper High School class of 2017 made its graduation official at the end of the June 9 commencement.
(8) Two graduates of Cooper High School displayed excitement after the commencement.