Authorities accuse men of aggravated robbery, fleeing in St. Louis Park

Authorities have accused a New Hope man and a Minneapolis man of burglarizing a St. Louis Park home at gunpoint and fleeing from police in a vehicle that eventually crashed into a tree.
The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office charged New Hope resident Henry Anthony Sullivan-Williams and Minneapolis resident Tyrone Mashaun White, both 28, each with first-degree burglary involving possession of a dangerous weapon or explosive and first-degree aggravated robbery.

Each of the felony charges carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of $35,000. The minimum sentence for each charge is three years in prison.

The sheriff’s jail roster listed both men in custody as of press time. The district court set bail at $100,000 in each case. However, both men faced orders of being held without bail. For White, the hold came as a result of a request relating to the state Department of Corrections. For Sullivan-Williams, the hold resulted from a request from the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office.

Jacqueline Larson, a communications manager for St. Louis Park, said, “While this is still an open investigation, initial indications were that the suspects and victims were known to one another.”
She added, “Police do not believe there is any ongoing threat to public safety as a result of this incident.”

Court documents provide this account of the allegations against the two men:

St. Louis Park police arrived at a residence April 5 on an armed burglary call. A police incident report identified an address on the 2800 block of Georgia Avenue South in St. Louis Park.
An occupant of the house told officers she had been home alone when her parents were out. When she opened her back door to let dogs in, she said two men ordered her to go back into the home. She said that one of the two suspects had pointed a gun at her head.

The resident said the man with the gun forced her to get on the floor while the other man searched a level of the home upstairs. The resident said the men left after taking a laptop, a tablet, jewelry and other items. The resident said the men wore masks that prevented her from seeing or describing their faces.

Other officers noticed a vehicle matching information provided about the burglary call. They shined a spotlight at the vehicle, at which time the vehicle accelerated.

When the officers attempted to stop the vehicle, “it fled at a high rate of speed” and rolled into a tree. Occupants fled on foot.

Police detained one of the occupants. They identified him as White. After a foot chase and the use of a police dog, police detained another suspect, who they identified as Sullivan-Williams. They did not apprehend a third individual who had been in the vehicle.

The resident allegedly identified Sullivan-Williams based on his clothing and described him as the man who held the gun to her face.

Police said the vehicle that had rolled into a tree contained items that police said had been stolen from the home.

Police searched the cell phones of White and Sullivan-Williams. White allegedly sent Sullivan-Williams a text that said the a side door of the house was open but the screen door might be closed. White allegedly also sent texts to others saying that he was getting jewelry and that he was hitting a lick, which authorities said is a term used to denote a robbery.