Shamrock Event to raise money for Sojourner Project of Minnetonka

The Twin Cities Alumnae Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority will host its 2013 Shamrock Event 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, March 16, at Claddagh Irish Pub, 7890 Main St., Maple Grove.

The event will raise money for the Sojourner Project of Minnetonka, which provides safe shelter for women and children, as well as advocacy and education for individuals and communities victimized by domestic violence.

Shamrock Event chair and Edina resident Sue Mickelberg invites the public to enjoy the Irish spirits, food and live music.

Kappa Delta collegians and alumna across the nation host Shamrock Events each year to raise money for national and local child abuse prevention efforts. Sojourner Project will receive 80 percent of all money raised, and Prevent Child Abuse American will receive the remaining 20 percent.

The late Kitty Alcott of Hopkins, Sojourner’s founding mother, was a Kappa Delta initiate at the University of Minnesota in 1943.

Info: 612-791-8317.

up arrow